Due to COVID 19 Travel Restrictions, SURO Program Attendees may need to show proof of vaccination and or COVID 19 Test within 3 days to travel. The Global Blood Disorder Foundation SURO Program will follow the Global Guidelines when conducting our programs which may require all attendees and staff to be vaccinated. There will be no exceptions to this guideline if required at the time of our program.
- Please use your name as it appears on your Passport in filling out this application
- Please be sure you have an email that is working, you are checking regularly, and is easily able to identify you (no nicknames or letters that can confuse the Application Reviewer as to who you are in your email address). If needed create a new email that identifies you by your name.
To be considered for this program, you must meet the following requirements: Which will include:
- Males with hemophilia & all severities
- Between the ages of 21 and 25 (no exceptions)
- Access to factor for the duration of the conference.
- No factor or infusion assistance will be provided for the duration of conference dates.
- Proficient in written and spoken English (no exceptions)
- Able to attend all program sessions
- Able to travel unaccompanied and with appropriate visa and/or passport
- Able to fulfill all aspects of the program criteria and understand what is being asked of you.
- A letter of diagnosis from your medical team (physician or nurse) confirming your bleeding disorder diagnosis including severity.
- A letter of support from your local foundation, chapter, or association. Acknowledging their support of you being in the SURO Program
- A letter of support from a person who can attest to your leadership abilities and be able to meet the goals and responsibilities of a leadership program. This person can be a teacher or professor, employer, etc. It can not be a family member!
- A personal essay describing your interest, qualifications, and reason why you should be selected to be in the Global SURO Program. A minimum of 500 words is expected.
- Completion of the online application
- To be considered for this program, you MUST meet all the criteria listed above!
You meet all the criteria listed. Include the following pieces of your application.
- An incomplete application will not be considered.
- All Selected Applicants will have a virtual interview set up as the last part of being accepted into the Global SURO Program.