Empowering WwBCD Women’s Retreat – adult females ages 18 and up Camp Dare to Soar Girls Camp – females 12 to 17 years of age
The MISSION of Empowering Women with Bleeding and Clotting Disorders (Empowering WwBCD) is to help improve the quality of life, provide educational and networking opportunities, as well as empowering and teaching advocacy skills to females with bleeding and clotting disorders who reside within the Great Plains region which encompasses Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, and Louisiana. This will be accomplished through:
- Development and implementation of an educational retreat (WwBCD Women’s Retreat) for females ages 18 and up and an educational camp (Camp Dare to Soar) for females ages 12 to 17 years of age;
- Working with consumer organizations and industry recognized by the National Hemophilia Foundation and Hemophilia Federation of America to provide educational speakers and materials;
- Working with Hemophilia and Thrombophilia Treatment Centers to provide educational speakers and materials;
- Working with national organizations such as the National Hemophilia Foundation and Hemophilia Federation of America to provide educational speakers and materials.
Program Specific Information: Empowering WwBCD Women’s Retreat
Our first retreat was held in September 1999 at Camp For All in Burton, Texas. More than sixteen years later, the retreat is still going strong and continues to grow each year. The retreat weekend encompasses educational tracks, arts and crafts, camp activities, theme nights, health and wellness, and much, much, more. A few special activities held during retreat weekend are our casino night, bingo, and country store.
Camp Dare to Soar
The goals of the Camp Dare to Soar Girl’s Camp are:
- to provide a camp environment and experience unique to their needs
- to create a safe environment that encourages personal growth, independence, and empowerment
- to provide current medical education directed specifically to this age group and their diagnosis.
Our camp is open to girls and teens between the ages of 12 to 17 that have been diagnosed with one of the following diagnosis: Von Willebrands, Congenital Thrombophilia, Hemophilia, Platelet Disorder, or Rare Bleeding Disorder. Currently, we accept campers that reside in the Great Plains region which includes, Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Texas.